What are the benefits of 15-20 and 20-30 mmHg socks?
The benefits of medical-grade compression socks range from the relief of leg fatigue to aiding in the prevention of varicose veins and spider veins. Benefits are based on the different levels of compression exerted by the socks and are measured by millimeters of mercury or mmHg. The higher the level of pressure, the better the socks will aid in improving blood flow and circulation of the legs and feet.Read More
For instance, we recommend 15 to 20 mmHg (mild to moderate) compression socks for first time wearers, expectant mothers, and long-distance travelers. Major advantages of everyday compression include relief from tired, fatigued legs and helping to reduce swelling in the legs, feet and ankles. Other benefits may include:
- Lowering your risk of deep vein thrombosis (DVT)
- Use in post-sclerotherapy treatment
- Increased blood circulation during long periods of standing
In addition, 20-30 mmHg knee high socks can help increase blood circulation with extra pressure and are available in a variety of styles, sizes, and materials. Similarly, these moderate-to-firm compression socks also help relieve discomfort from varicose and spider veins, as well as help manage other medical conditions, such as:
- Post-surgical and post-sclerotherapy treatment
- Treatment of moderate to severe edema or lymphatic edema
- May help manage ulcers and post-thrombotic syndrome (PTS)
- May help relieve superficial thrombophlebitis
- Assists with the sudden fall in blood pressure when standing
- Reduces risk of deep vein thrombosis (DVT)
All of our socks are designed with a Gradient Knitting Technology to help increase circulation in the legs. Made with high-quality fabrics and designed with a structured leg and flexible toe and heel, our socks offer moderate to firm compression (20-30 mmHg).