Join Us for the Race to Beat POTS
Join us for a virtual race to raise funds and awareness for POTS! You can run, walk, bike, roller skate or any activity that gets you moving from June 16 - 30.
Anyone who registers with Team VIM & VIGR and sends us a photo of themselves participating will get a free pair of socks from us!*
How to Join Team VIM & VIGR
1. Register on the race website. Registration costs $15. All funds support Dysautonomia International.
2. In your registration, be sure to sign up with a team and choose Team VIM & VIGR from the dropdown.
3. From June 16 - 30, log any miles that you run, walk, bike, etc.
4. BONUS! If you are signed up with our team and email us a photo of you participating, we'll send you a free pair of socks!*
What is POTS?
POTS stands for postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome, a debilitating autonomic nervous system disorder that impacts an estimated 1-3 million Americans and millions more around the world. POTS can cause lightheadness, fainting, tachycardia, chest pains, shortness of breath, GI upset, shaking, exercise intolerance, temperature sensitivity and more. Many people, including doctors, have never heard of POTS, so people with POTS experience an average diagnostic delay of over four years.
Why are we racing to beat POTS?
In this 6th annual race, we'll join thousands of people to try and run all the way around the globe — about 300,000 miles —to raise awareness for POTS.
All funds raised during this event will support Dysautonomia International's research, physician education, public awareness and patient empowerment programs. Dysautonomia International is the largest non-governmental source of POTS research funding in the world.
Do compression socks help with POTS?
Compression socks are often prescribed to help manage POTS symptoms. They are a safe and non-invasive treatment that can be very effective! According to Dysautonomia International, "medical compression stockings can help prevent or minimize dysautonomia symptoms such as lightheadedness, fainting, low blood pressure, tachycardia, fatigue, 'brain fog' and muscle pain caused by blood pooling in the legs."
Explore medical-grade compression options.
* Email your photo to email@example.com by June 30. You must be registered with Team VIM & VIGR to receive your free pair of socks!
Leave a comment